You can help the fight against hunger by organizing a canned food drive on behalf of your school, company, faith-based organization or other group. NTFB also offers the convenience of a Virtual Food Drive. A Virtual Food Drive reduces costs by eliminating box deliveries and food pick-ups. It's an eco-friendly, and cost-efficient way to feed hungry North Texans. Every $1 provides access to three meals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What shelf-stable items are needed the most by the North Texas Food Bank?
Below is a list of food items, based on their nutritional value:
- Soup, Stew or Chili, Low-Sodium
- Canned Vegetables, Low-Sodium
- Beans, Canned or Dried
- Canned Tuna or Chicken
- Fruit, Canned in Juice or Dried
- Peanut or Almond Butter
- Reduced Sugar Pudding Cups
- 100% Whole Fruit Rolls
- Whole Grain Crackers and Granola Bars
- Lightly Salted Trail Mix
- Brown Rice
*Please no glass containers
Can NTFB pick up my donation?
Yes, we are able to pick up donations of 250 items or more. If your donation is fewer than 250 items, we ask that you bring your donation to the Food Bank or take it directly to one of our Partner Agencies.
For help finding a Partner Agency or for any other questions, please contact a NTFB Canned Food Drive Associate at 214-270-1996 or email@example.com
What should I do if I receive cash donations?
Please convert your cash and coins to a check or money order and place it in a sealed envelope. Label the envelope with the name of your organization, the donation amount and “Attention: Donations.” Give the envelope to the NTFB driver who picks up your canned food donation. You may also mail your check directly to NTFB:
The North Texas Food Bank
4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236-2028
How can I make my food drive fun and exciting?
- Host a “Food of the Day” drive and have employees bring certain foods for each day of the week. For example, days may be named Macaroni Mondays, Tuna Tuesdays, Wheaties Wednesdays, Turkey Thursdays and Fruity Fridays.
- Make various departments responsible for different food groups. Have different departments collect canned meat, canned vegetables, kid-friendly food, breakfast food, beverages, etc.
- Fill the bag. Provide employees an empty paper sack and ask that the bags be returned full of non-perishable food items.
- Host a competition and offer a special prize for the winners, such as extra vacation time, a casual clothing day or a free lunch.
Where is NTFB located?
NTFB is located at 4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236-2028 in Southwest Dallas near the intersection of Cockrell Hill and Loop 12. See the map here.
For additional information on canned food drives, please contact an NTFB Canned Food Drive Associate at 214-270-1996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on Virtual Food Drives, please contact us at 214.330.1396 or email@example.com.
Sign Up to Host a Canned Food Drive