If you or someone you know may be eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as "food stamps", the North Texas Food Bank outreach coordinators can help with:
- Answering questions about the application process, procedures and rules
- Supplying the proper application forms
- Helping applicants fill out and turn in applications
- Advising applicants on required verification forms
- Setting up user accounts in yourtexasbenefits.com for easy access to case status and information changes
- Requesting information about the progress of a case from the regional office
- Assisting applicants when they are applying for CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and Medicaid
Use the form on the right to request that a NTFB SNAP team representative contact you with more information about applying.
Model in Reducing Waste, Abuse & Fraud
In the last five years, the number of Texans receiving assistance from SNAP rose by 54 percent, from 2.4 million to 3.7 million individuals. In the same period, national participation grew by 69 percent, from 26.5 million to 44.7 million individuals.
Despite such dramatic growth, the USDA successfully prevented a related rise in program waste, abuse or fraud. Today, SNAP enjoys the highest levels of efficiency, impact and integrity in program history.